Wednesday 26 June 2019

INLAY WITH PEARL DROPS - DECOR PANELS

Hello friends. Hope all are crafting great.
In my post today, I have two decor panels using Little Birdie(Itsy Bitsy )Pearl Drops, in two different ways. The panels make beautiful gifts for special occasions. Have a look!

I have used plain  MDF panels of size 8 x 6 inches as my base. A size that’s good to hang and display on an easel as well. You can use canvas too, instead of MDF. 
I have a stepwise tutorial of both the panels  here
Some close ups of Love panel-

The perching bird on the base of sisal fiber, wooden peg to clip a message, twisted rope work and beautiful Pearl Drops, completed this panel. 

Having done the rope and twine work, it was time to use the wonderful Pearl Drops. I have added the drops at the joints of criss-cross lines. The colour which I chose for this was- Gray Sky. The pearl Drops work as fantastic embellishments. They added so much depth and uniqueness to the panel !!!
Close ups of Inlay Panel -

To do the inlay work, I have used the Pearl Drops. Filled the gaps, created by the chipboard shape, with 4 colours of Pearl Drops. The effect was very unique. 



The beautiful, greenish  stone effect, created with Stone Texture Paste Apple Mint was further highlighted with golden metallic paint.

Final look of each panel -


Love Panel with multi colour stenciling, stone texture paste, decoupage and pearl drops. 

Panel with Inlay pattern and chipboard jali

Hope you liked the decor panels.

Happy Crafting.

Create, Express, Enjoy !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment